Sunday, June 10, 2018

School Bus Bullies- What My Dad Did About It

My dad did something great.

He became our school bus driver. He did it all because of an incident on our school bus, when my family was living by Lake Bernice.


One day, just before our stop, a bunch of kids attacked, my sister, brother, and I. They ripped buttons of our jackets, pulled our hair, bashed our lunchboxes, put sand in my sister's hair. I can't remember everything, all I know we left the bus crying and screaming. The bus driver didn't do anything to help.

I don't know why these kids attacked. Most of the kids came to play in our yard. And makes me wonder about the high school kids that were on the bus. Why they didn't step in?

I do know, what didn't realize then was, that's the reason why my dad started to drive bus. It also helped when my mom wasn't home right after school. We would ride along.

My dad became a substitute driver, when we moved into town, we didn't need a school bus anymore. I'm sure some of you had my dad drive your school bus at least once.





No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish