Monday, April 30, 2012

LinkedIn Names and Photos

LinkedIn Q&A community keep pointing out to those who ask questions about the name and photo they use on their profile. That the name or photo doesn’t comply with LinkedIn rules.

When I first saw the name issue, I tested it. The LinkedIn member was using a company name for the name. I dropped the name in the search engine under “people” the profile did not come up.

The last 2 times the issue was brought up, one LinkedIn member was using company name and the other was using symbols along with the name.

I tested these 2 names. The profiles were searchable.

In my opinion LinkedIn must have changed since the first time I tested.

I have heard from other LinkedIn Q&A community that LinkedIn members who do not use proper names and photos have had their account suspended.

I have questioned some of my connections; some are not using or have different photos. Some have company names for names. I have not received any negative feedback from my connection.

And if LinkedIn really is cracking down I would be missing some connections. I am not going to report them. Many of my connections have explained why and what they did with their profile. It’s all fine with me.

No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish