Sunday, June 2, 2019

Fried Potatoes/ Recipe

Some of the ingredients in this recipe came from my Imperfect Produce box.



4 medium potatoes, boiled and sliced

1 leek stalk, sliced

1/2 red onion diced



First, I fried 4 slices of bacon. I removed the cooked bacon. I added the leek and onion to the bacon drippings. Fried the onion and leek until limp. Broke bacon pieces in the potatoes. Added the cooked potatoes.

I added 3 tablespoon zesty pickle juice and a squirt of whole grain garlic mustard. Let the mixture blend and cook. When the potatoes are soft it's done.


I saved the juice from pickles. I use it when I make egg salad, deviled eggs, potato salad, or anything I can think up. 

I do the similar things for ketchup, salsa, salad dressing, BBQ sauce, etc.  When the container is nearly empty.  I put a little water in it. Shake the container to get all that remains. I collect the remnants in one container. I use it for cooking meats or whatever comes to mind.

Imperfect Produce had similar ideas in their blog. 

No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish