Sunday, October 29, 2017

One of those days

I had one of those days. I had my laundry ready to go. I couldn't find my wallet, it wasn't where I keep it, then I panicked. The last time I used my wallet was Friday night getting gas.

Friday nights, when I get home from work, I move my wallet from where I keep it during the week. I keep it in my lunch bag, with a spare set of keys. I was coming home from work when I stopped for gas.

I found out my wallet was missing when I decided to put my lunch bag in with the wash loads.

I frantically searched. My pants from Friday night. My coat, that has holes in the pockets that go into the lining, but not all the way out.

Dumped my laundry bags, just in case it fell out of the clothes, or sheets I had ready to wash or pants pockets.

I ran down to the car, searched the car. Nothing.

Went back upstairs to stop and think. I remembered my spare set of keys were missing from the same lunch bag pocket. That means my wallet and keys fell out when my lunch bag fell over, when I was still in the car, Friday night.

The scariest thoughts went through my mind before I stopped panicking. My wallet could have fell out at the gas station, around midnight, and on Halloween weekend. Every thing I need for ID and money is in the wallet.

No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish