Monday, April 30, 2012

Night-lights

There are many night-lights in my room.

In the winter one night-light is the ski hill, they are on all night up til midnight. Sometimes they are bright enough to light my way to the bathroom and kitchen. Sometimes on all night when they are making snow. Spring is a welcome relief. No more ski hill lights for several months.

Then the technical college lights, they don't turn off until about 11:30. Weekends are a blessing because those bright lights are off all weekend. The only blessing there is from them is when the power goes out at night or during a snowstorm it is the only light in the area.

Then there is the converter box for the TV. The green light really shines when all lights are off. That way I know I forgot to turn it off.

The street lights are one of the other ways I know the power is out in my neighborhood. I can tell by the shadows on my wall.

Then the freakiest light is my cellphone.

I usually forget to change it from silent or vibrate after job center hours. And I have it programmed to turn on and off. After I go to lay down and finally at rest. The world and worries and the phone are distant in my mind. All is dark except for the street lights. Suddenly this strange light appears on the ceiling. I say what heck is that! I look at the time and say oh yeah that's what.

I prefer the best night lights; the sunset, the moon, stars, northern lights, and maybe a meteor show.

No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish