Friday, May 11, 2012

Milwaukee Career Expo May 10th, 2012

I went to the Milwaukee Career Expo May 10th,2012

Preregistration was required to get a ticket to enter.

I received letter informing me of the Milwaukee Career Expo through the state office Department of Workforce Development.

I had to have a resume on Job Center of Wisconsin, fill out a self assessment survey and show it to Department of Workforce Development representative to get my ticket.

I researched the list of employers and made a list of the ones I wanted to visit. I brought 15 resumes, handed out 11.

Many of the jobs were too far for me to commute. Only one employer may be a match.

Only one employer was kind of cold, only willing to talk to and accept resumes for qualified job seekers for current openings.

When I arrived there was no signage at other entrances, I parked in lot way too far from the building. Later I found a tiny sign while walking back to my car.

Instructions

Job Center of Wisconsin and the letter posted all the requirements and instructions. There was no reason not to be prepared.

The flyer said, be dressed for interviews, bring 30 resumes.

Many of the job seekers didn’t come prepared, no ticket, and not dressed for interview.

Attendance: 72 employers, 2000 job seekers!

Milwaukee Career Expo

No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish