Saturday, November 24, 2018

Look Who Came to Visit πŸ‘€

Once a day, I go to my backyard window.

I see deer, turkey, geese, and egrets.

In the trees, there's blue jays, cardinals, robins, yellow finches, purple finches, woodpeckers, crows, pigeons, and more.

Under the trees, are rabbits, squirrels, and, chipmunks. At night cats, raccoons, and opossums.

Now this is a new one. At least I think it's new. I was looking out the window, over the field trying to see if deer came out into the field.

I looked in the trees to see if there were birds.  Low and behold, a face looking right at me.

It's a raccoon staring at me! He sure looks cute. I have never seen a raccoon staring back at me from that tree before.

But raccoons can be a problem. They make horrible noises when it's a group of raccoons. Sounds like cats fighting or a couple bickering.

Then at night, on the road, they like to run across the road, from out of nowhere. And they keep running at you, towards the car. There's no way to get out of the way.  I always end up running over a raccoon. They are not easy to run over. They can wreck the car. Then I feel guilty all the way home.

I hope this raccoon didn't scare all the other creatures away or steal food from the squirrel and chipmunk hiding places.

This raccoon sat in the tree for a long time, I kept coming back to see if it left. He was still there. The last time I checked, he finally scattered away.


No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish