Friday, November 16, 2018

One Call Did It All






I was hired after 1 email and 1 phone call.

I received an email from the Kohler Company. It looked like a fake email, for a fake job. I read the email over and over. I realized this email was a real job offer.

Then I looked at the map for couple of days. I had to think about the distance and find one straight way to the company.

Another factor was, I had to act fast before my emergency unemployment run out. $11.00 was looking better than the $9.00 per hour in West Bend.

So I took a stab at it. As soon as I sent the email back that I was still interested in the job, my phone rang. And I had an immediate appointment for a drug test. I started the job the next week.

That started my long run at Kohler. I never regret it and I loved my job. I made it to work every day and I was never late. I learned to assemble things I never assembled before.

6 years ago, I didn't have a good work history. I just returned to the workforce after being a stay at home mom for 7 years.


Here's my route 












No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish