Thursday, October 25, 2018

Job Search Activities Summary

This week's job search lead me to Germantown. 10/24/2018

I had an interview with one staffing agency. I had visited this office 6 years ago. I went to the old location. I checked my phone for GPS. I found myself in the wrong place. The arrows we're pointing to the next office complex.

I moved over to the other office complex. I checked my phone again. I was in the right place, but I couldn't tell which door. There was no sign outside. I had to figure out by looking at my phone.

I arrived really early. That was a good idea.

While I was sitting in my car waiting for my interview time. I checked my LinkedIn. I found someone from another staffing agency, invited me to connect.

I received phone calls from this person and checked out their profile.

I decided to wait until the interview was over to act.

Guess what, this staffing agency the same office complex. So, I took a big step out of my comfort zone. I accepted the invite

I messaged this person, through LinkedIn messaging. Found out this recruiter was in a different location. But she contacted the office where I was. I got my foot in the door at this location.

It was a good thing I brought extra resumes. I really wasn't ready for a second interview.

I was in the neighborhood and I need a job. I give it a try.

It was an exciting day, I went home happy. I have someone else interested in working with me.







No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish