Wednesday, October 3, 2018

My Work Experience, My efforts

I put a lot of effort into my job.

This one work cell, had a row of shelves full of instruction manuals for the products made at the work cell.

I always got all the instruction manuals first, because it was the most time consuming. Sometimes I had to go to other value stream locations.

Sometimes there were no manuals, and couldn't wait until the vendor come in at 6:30 am. to restock. What if the vendor didn't come or didn't have any? The job would be incomplete. Unable to run.

It was good to get the manuals at the beginning of the shift, so my team leader could print emergency copies of the manuals.

Sometimes my team leader would leave work without saying anything. Or I was too engrossed in my work to hear it. One day, I was asked to leave this cell for later. That was a big mistake, I found out I needed manuals to be printed. No team leader, no printed materials, no jobs ready to go in the morning.

Some orders required 4 different manuals and I had up to 14 orders to prep.

I made some changes to keep me from running around. There were some open shelves. I moved the manuals I ran for the most, in the open slots.

It wasn't easy organizing all the parts. Lots of people got frustrated, I didn't.









Edits done on PicsArt app

No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish