Saturday, October 6, 2018

Job Search Summary

I have been on job search for 1 month now. It's still the same old routine.

First you have to submit a resume. Fax, email, or through Job search website, or company website. You have to follow the instructions or they won't even look at the resume.

Then you get a pre-screen phone interview, then you wait. You either get a rejection email or a call for an in person interview.

Unemployment requirements are 4 work search activities; job counseling, resume writing classes, training, applying for jobs etc. You have to record your activities on Unemployment website when you file a claim every week.

I set up a LinkedIn profile, so I can get seen. It's career site, you can research companies, you can find out who the HR person is so you can address a cover letter to that person. LinkedIn helps your resume get seen, found in Google search, and shows you're interested in a job.

I live close to the job center, I go there from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, for free resources: WiFi, computers, faxing, copying. job counselors, etc

I have a difficult thing to discuss each time I have a job interview. Why did I leave my job? Fired, discharged, is like a disease. All I know, that it was unfair and not my fault, and unemployment says it wasn't my fault.

I get lots of calls for jobs, but I don't have the ability or experience they are looking for. Sales, lifting 50 lbs, supervisor, mechanic...

So far, I am waiting on 2 jobs, I had phone interviews with.

I have taken the time to stay home to answer my phone, or make call to potential employers. I don't feel comfortable talking with lots people around and distractions. I tend to talk really loud on the phone too. So by staying at home, I don't become the distraction.

This one company wants me to take a class, get tested, and get certified. It's big test full of math. Math you don't even use on a regular basis.

And like 6 years ago before I came to Kohler Company, Washington County wages are still low. And most of West Bend go elsewhere to find better pay. You can see and hear the traffic every day.



No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish