Saturday, October 20, 2018

Shopping for a Good Cause

I remembered how I volunteered for Salvation Army Christmas shopping for kids who might not get Christmas gifts.

That was fun, spending  someone else's money for a good cause.

I had to buy 2 brothers gifts. I first thought the πŸ’° amount was for the 2 brothers. And there was no way to get many gifts. I thought that wasn't fair. When I got to the checkout, I asked. I was informed it was like $70 per child.

So, I went back out there to get as many items that was on their wishlists.

Then I had in mind, the 2 boys were brothers. I was buying gifts like, I would for my 2 boys. I was selecting items that were similar, so the brothers wouldn't get jealous.

I realized that the brothers were 2 separate boys. And thought what if they were in the same class, how would it look if they were wearing the same thing.

I ditched all the items and started over again.

I got all the boots, snowsuits, mittens, scarves, and hats. I threw in extra hats and mittens, because I knew how kids always lose hats and mittens. Then I got some toys. I stayed within the πŸ’° limit.













No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish