Monday, October 8, 2018

My Work Experience, Put Away

I am a pleasant, witty person. I am silly, smiling, laughing, joking, or giggling while I work. It's not because I’m on something or insane. It’s just my positive way of life and work.

I do have a great work ethic. I do work hard and give it my all! I am very serious about work.

My first role at Kohler, was called set-up person. I worked for 1 to 3 people, I gathered parts, get jobs ready for the assemblers, made labels, replenish parts on the cell, order parts, and whatever the assembler needed, to stay in the cell and complete orders.

There was another part of the job called "put away". Assemblers and set-up people ordered parts in the first hour of work and sometimes all the parts come all at once. There were 3 carts; designated for all parts ordered.

Putting away and delivering parts was very exhausting and very hard. I was short, I couldn't reach the top shelf at times. Some loads were very heavy and bulky. Sometimes I spent the first 5 hours putting away or delivering parts to cells.

When I was on “put away”, I was assigned to do some packing or assembly jobs, to keep me busy between deliveries. At first, I felt very guilty about not getting assembly orders completed in good time or not at all. When I was on "put away”, I had to stop
whatever I was doing,"Put away” was priority over my assembly job. Workers ordered parts to complete an order.When I realized I was providing a service, making a difference to the workers; I felt better about  "put away".



















No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish