Monday, October 1, 2018

My Work Experience, My Work Load

I'm a good worker. I came in to work every day, I was never late. I enjoyed my work. My job was 40 miles away, or 1 hour drive. I made it through all kinds of weather, road conditions, and car issues. Nothing stopped me from getting to work.
I am chief income provider. Family survival is at stake.
I enjoyed my co-workers. I supported my co-workers. I joked with my coworkers. I got along with everyone.
My last role
I set up 1 to 4 work cells with 8 hours of work, for 1st shift assemblers.
First part of my job
I gathered fasteners and other components stored in floor locations, using a hand cart. There were 4 different value streams and many different locations, sometimes the bill of material and parts would make me go to other locations to find the required parts.
I used bins and labels to organize and identify. I audited the locations, labels, and parts before I proceeded to pick the parts to make sure everything was correct. I double counted. I audited my parts as I set the parts in the swimlane and before the end of the shift.
Second part my job
I organized components for faucets, kitchen, bath, and plumbing accessories, for 1 to 14 jobs, for 1 to 4 work cells. Parts would come to swimlanes, I had to move skids full of parts and match parts with correct bill of materials, in the order on the manifest.
For this one cell.
Some parts were huge, heavy, and take up lots of room. Some jobs were small, and I was able to condense jobs on to hand carts. Sometimes the huge jobs were up to 200 pieces of everything. I had to figure out how to organize skids full of parts with a pallet jack, and arrange for easy access, in a very small space or swimlane. Sometimes I run out of room in this cell's swimlane and move the excess to a nearby swimlane. Sometimes this cell had 14 jobs, and I had 3 other cells to prep as well.
I went home satisfied with my work. I liked the satisfaction of everything coming together.
https://www.grainger.com/product/DAYTON-Standard-General-Purpose-Manual-4YX97







No comments:

History of Diabla Speaking Spanish